But just as you excel in everything, see that you also excel in the grace of giving.
— 2 Corinthians 8:7
WAYS TO GIVE AT RIVERWOODS CHURCH
There are multiple ways for you to give at Riverwoods Church. Each method allows for God's work to be done as you are faithful to his calling to give back.
If you are having any problems or need assistance with online giving, you can send an email to our finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and the church. Some of them are...
- Faithfully Honoring God — when you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The bible teaches that we are to honor God with the "first fruits" of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your "first fruits" are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity — You won't have to remember if you gave this month, week or send in an offering by mail when you're on a trip.
- Security — We use an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can't be lost or stolen.
- Focus — Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Riverwoods — Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Text the Phone # 270-200-4207
There will be a onetime registration process of receiving a link to enter your bank routing number then it’s just a matter of texting the amount to the number again, and picking which fund you’re giving .
AUTOMATIC BANK DEBIT
Automated Bank Debit is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. Once it is set up, you may update or change your giving at any time by simply contacting the church office. Plus, 100% of your gifts go to the ministries of Riverwoods because there are no processing fees.
To sign-up, complete an auto-debit form and mail or deliver to the church office to have your giving automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Complete instructions are in the download.
STOCKS / BONDS / SECURITIES
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full market value of your securities. In, addition you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
For more info on giving stocks/bonds/securities to Riverwoods e-mail email@example.com
TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Financial giving at Riverwoods can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offering. The bible teaches that we worship of Lord with our tithes, which is 10% of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. When we feel called to give over and above our tithes we do so as an offering.
Riverwoods is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful Riverwoods members and attenders. At Riverwoods we honor God by practicing wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Riverwoods remains above reproach.
Members of Riverwoods Church may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer for two primary reason.
Although many pay off their credit card each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to get into debt and pay interest of gifts they have given the church.
With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
Your information is held secure by Easy Tithe. The information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be canceled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at email@example.com